Inspire. Innovate. Create.
We’re a studio of lawyers inspired by those who dare to dream, make and create big. We help creative Australians run great businesses.
We’re growing! We are on the hunt for a senior lawyer who shares our company values to help the principal lead, grow and further develop Studio Legal’s IP practice.
We are looking for a senior IP lawyer with strong contract drafting and dispute management skills as well as a desire to build and exercise leadership capabilities. The successful candidate will be encouraged to put their mark on Studio Legal and will be closely mentored and supported by the principal to build their own personal brand as a leading IP lawyer in Australia.
At least 5 years PAE working in intellectual property law in private practice is required for the role as well as either a Trade Marks Attorney registration or significant experience working in trade mark law. Skills in general commercial, entertainment, technology, media, advertising and consumer law will be highly desirable.
Key tasks include:
- -Taking enquiries and scoping out work;
- -Advising on IP, general commercial, entertainment, technology, media, advertising and consumer -law matters as and when required;
- -Advising on, preparing and negotiating all sorts of commercial contracts with an IP focus;
- -Managing our clients’ local and international TM portfolios;
- -Preparing TM applications in Australia and internationally;
- -Carrying out brand check services;
- -Developing strategies for addressing local and international TM objections during examination and -providing advice to clients on objections and strategy;
- -Preparing legal submissions and evidence of use in support of TM applications in Australia with -support of barristers and other qualified team members;
- -Providing advice to clients on TM infringement, non-use, cancellation, opposition and validity issues;
- -Running proceedings before IP Australia, where applicable with the support of barristers and other qualified team members;
- -Managing our clients’ design applications and related matters;
- -Developing a strategy for handling IP infringement disputes;
- -Running all types of IP disputes including any court proceedings;
- -Providing IP legal support to sale of business and restructuring transactions;
- -Supervising solicitors working within the Studio’s Legal’s IP practice and signing off on their work;
- -Mentoring and teaching junior staff;
- -Building Studio Legal’s IP practice through business development and marketing activities;
- -Developing and improving processes and standards through new ideas and innovation; and
- -Other ad-hoc duties as required.
You will share our firm’s core values of be creative, show empathy, learn & grow, and build relationships. As well as this, you will be aligned with Studio Legal’s mission to be the ‘go to’ boutique legal firm for creative Australians.
As well as possessing a positive can do attitude, you will be excited by the challenge of leading a team and growing both your own personal brand and the Studio Legal brand. You will love working with creative people and businesses, be highly organised, take initiative and be innovative, be fully accountable for your performance, thrive working in a fast-paced environment and enjoy teaching and mentoring junior staff as well as building meaningful working relationships with your colleagues.
We are open to applicants looking for 3-5 days work. The role will be based at our brand-new designer offices in Prahran, Melbourne.
Salary will be set based on level of experience of candidate.
How to apply
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role, together with your CV to Jennifer Tutty (Principal) and Sara Giampa Kease (Practice Manager) via email to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Listing HERE
No phone enquires or recruitment agencies please.