At Studio Legal, we are inspired by people who create, innovate and dream big! We use our unique legal skills and industry experience to help creative Australians run great businesses.
Practising in IP and commercial law, we work with a variety of creatively driven individuals, businesses and entrepreneurs.
To get a feel for our firm, check out our website or Instagram profile (@studiolegal).
We are seeking an IP & Commercial lawyer with 3-4 years PAE to work from our Melbourne office. The position requires excellent established drafting capabilities (i.e. contracts, letters and advices), and great people skills.
The lawyer will have as much general experience as possible across the following areas of law: copyright, trade marks, general IP, corporate and commercial, consumer law, retail leasing, privacy, employment, media and entertainment. Although we will happily train our successful candidate in areas they are not as familiar with, or that they are passionate about.
Key tasks include:
- -Drafting, reviewing and negotiating all sorts of contracts such as client services agreements, business and share sale agreements, contractor agreements, employment agreements, terms and conditions, licence agreements, music industry, talent services, NDAs, franchising agreements, privacy policies, joint venture agreements, shareholder agreements and more.
- -Handling IP and commercial disputes, including preparing letters of demand, court documents and other correspondence.
- -Advising on various IP and commercial legal queries through our various practice areas.
- -Conducting brand checks and drafting TM applications in Australia and internationally.
- -Drafting, reviewing and negotiating various start up and capital raising documents including term sheets, subscription agreements, convertible notes and ESOP’s.
- -Providing advice on the setting up, sale, purchase, merger and restructuring of businesses.
- -Writing legal content for our website and social channels and helping to build our brand and client base throughout Australia.
- -Other ad-hoc duties as required.
The traditional larger corporate or old-fashioned suburban firms law firms won’t be your cup of tea and you will be wanting to settle into a refreshing legal environment where you can be yourself and be surrounded by like-minded work mates and clients.
You will share Studio Legal’s core values (be creative, show empathy, build relationships and learn & grow). And, you will be genuinely interested and passionate about working with creative people and businesses (building your personal legal brand in this space should excite you). You are a team player and will want to contribute to our workplace culture on a daily basis.
You will have solid experience working as a private practice lawyer and will thrive in the challenge of working across a range of IP and commercial legal areas. You will love being autonomous, running your own matters, learning new skills and working at a fast pace. If you have a trade marks attorney registration, this would be highly regarded.
How to apply
To apply, please send a covering letter outlining why you are suitable for the role, together with your CV to Jennifer Tutty via email to email@example.com.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted.
No phone enquires or recruitment agencies please.
Applications close 7 April 2023.
Job Listing HERE