We’re partial to some pampering and believe that life is better with beautiful skincare products, quality make-up, a good haircut and regular visits to spas and salons.
We’re proud to work with clients from a range of areas within the industry, including skincare, makeup, fragrance and haircare brands, as well as beauty retailers, suppliers and manufacturers, clinics, spas and salons.
We can help you with things like:
- Brand protection, including Australian and international trade mark strategies;
- Trade mark registration;
- Product packaging and labelling requirements and compliance with the Consumer Goods (Cosmetics) Information Standard 2020 and the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (Cth);
- Advertising laws;
- Agreements with retail stockists, suppliers, manufacturers, social media influencers, brand ambassadors and more;
- Terms and conditions, privacy policies, shipping and return policies for e-commerce websites;
- Passing off and misleading and deceptive conduct claims;
- General business structuring and set up advice;
- Negotiating a lease for your retail store or salon;
- IP, contract, consumer law and payment disputes; and
- Much, much more!
Examples of work:
- Advising brands on ‘copycat’ businesses, including advice on trade mark infringement, passing off and misleading and deceptive conduct claims, and representing brands throughout such disputes to resolve the legal issues commercially.
- Providing product packaging and labelling requirements and compliance with the Consumer Goods (Cosmetics) Information Standard 2020 and the Therapeutic Goods Act 1989 (Cth) to start-up beauty brands.
- Drafting new suites of bespoke, user friendly, beautifully designed and plain English contracts for online beauty retailers including terms and conditions, privacy policies, shipping and return policies for e-commerce websites.