They say the team that eats and drinks together stays together. Regardless of whether this is a proven fact, our team conclusively believes that life and work are better when beautiful food, salty snacks, high-end scroggin and refreshing alcoholic knock-offs are involved.
Studio Legal is proud to work with clients in the food and beverage space. From food, wine and other beverage labels to wholesale suppliers, we represent clients across the industry and supply chain.
We can help you with things like:
- General business structuring and set up advice;
- Regulatory matters, including compliance with the Australian Consumer Law and the Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) Food Standard Code;
- Agreements with suppliers, wholesalers, retail stockists, employees, contractors and more;
- General employment matters, including advice on applicable awards;
- Brand protection;
- Trade mark registration and protection;
- Geographical Indications;
- Product packaging, labelling and advertising;
- Disputes and litigation; and
- Much, much more!
Examples of work:
- Advising on and implementing effective registered local and international trade mark protection strategy for a leading FMCG company in their development and launch of various food lines for Coles, Woolworths and Aldi.
- Drafting and negotiating a number of wholesale supplier agreements for a local coffee roaster with a presence across Australia, New Zealand and Japan.
- Advising a start-up business on the food and medicine regulatory overlap and providing recommendations on whether to class products as therapeutic goods or foods, taking into account brand strategy and market positioning, commercial operations and financial constraints, and regulatory obligations and costs.
- Advising on, drafting and negotiating wholesale supplier agreements for one of Australia’s largest meat and poultry providers.
- Managing a voluminous trade mark portfolio for one of Australia’s leading food and beverage groups, including representing them in opposition proceedings before IP Australia and in infringement disputes more broadly.
- Managing Australian and international trade mark portfolios for various wine labels, including providing advice on geographical indications.
- Advising online wine stores regarding age access and proof of age regulatory requirements and drafting suitable website terms and conditions to minimise liability, whilst ensuring a seamless and easy customer shopping experience.