Copyright lawyers x Creatives
As intellectual property lawyers (and creatives at heart), copyright is at the core of what we do. We take pride in ensuring our clients understand how to use, protect and commercialise their copyright at all times as they build and grow their businesses.
Who we work with
Our experienced copyright lawyers work with a wide range of creative individuals and businesses. For more information about the industries we work with, take a look at our client industries here.
Copyright advice services
We provide specialised advice on copyright, such as:
- The application of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
- Copyright protection, infringement and commercialisation.
- Copyright in music, software, art, fashion, literature, film and TV, tech, photographs, and more.
- Moral rights and performer rights.
- Advice on receiving and providing royalties.
- Navigating the intersection between copyright law and designs law.
- Social media, the internet and copyright.
- Pre-publishing legal advice and copyright clearances for ads, scripts, books, social media content and other publications.
Copyright contract services
We can draft, review and negotiate a range of contracts relating to copyright, including:
- Copyright licence agreements and deeds.
- Copyright assignment agreements and deeds.
- Contractor agreements.
- Collaboration agreements.
- Client services agreements.
- Publishing agreements.
- Artist / designer commission agreements.
- Talent agreements.
- Writer agreements.
- Synchronisation agreements.
- Event services agreements.
- Production agreements.
- Recording agreements.
- Band partnership agreements.
- Performance agreements.
- 360 agreements.
- Producer agreements.
- Software and website development agreements.
- Confidentiality agreements (NDAs).
- Moral rights consent forms.
- Supplier agreements.
- Manufacturing agreements.
- Distribution agreements.
- Online terms and conditions (including for websites, online stores, online marketplaces, NFTs, and more).
- App terms and conditions.
Copyright commercialisation services
We can help you commercialise your creativity through copyright:
- Agreements relating to copyright.
- Copyright licensing and assignment.
- Copyright commissioning agreements.
- Co-author agreements for copyright material.
Copyright infringement services
We have specialist experience dealing with copyright infringement and disputes, including:
- Drafting and responding to cease and desist letters.
- Alternative dispute resolution.
- Negotiations and mediation.
- Copyright litigation.
- Copyright disclaimers.
Legacy and estate planning services
Looking to create an ‘artist legacy’ to pass on to your family, friends, charities or others? We can assist with things such as:
- Advice on estate planning in relation to your copyright and IP assets.
- Drafting wills and testamentary documents.
- Gallery bequests.
Common problems our copyright lawyers solve
- What rights do I have under copyright law?
- How do I protect my work from copycats?
- Has my copyright been infringed?
- I’ve been offered a contract relating to my copyright work. What does it mean and should I sign?
- How can I obtain a licence to use someone else’s copyright material?
- How do I legally obtain ownership of someone else’s copyright material?
- How do I make money from licensing or selling my copyright assets?
- I want to collaborate with another creator, how do I protect my copyright in this process?
- I am restructuring my business, how can I ensure the new entity owns my copyright assets?