Gaming lawyers x Gamers
Once a narrow market of untapped potential, we are thrilled by the dynamism and growth of the gaming industry in recent years. Whether it’s exploring the realms of virtual worlds at gaming expos and conventions or immersing ourselves in the latest releases from the cozy confines of our homes, gaming is our eternal muse.
Who we work with
With specialist gaming expertise on the Studio Legal team, we enjoy working with a range of clients across the industry, including game developers, publishers, voiceover artists, environmental artists, agents and more.
We can help you with things like
- Agreements with game developers, publishers, voiceover artists, environmental artists, agents, employees, contractors and more.
- Copyright protection, infringement and commercialisation;
- Performer and moral rights;
- Development agreements for games;
- Defamation and censorship advice;
- Copyright and trade mark clearances;
- Licensing of music and other copyrights including synch placements, remixes and sampling (to include in games);
- Chain of title;
- Software as a service agreements;
- Merchandise and sponsorships;
- Business structures;
- Financing and funding;
- Disputes and litigation; and
- Much, much more!
Examples of work:
- Working with an independent gaming studio to negotiate development and publishing contracts with a major UK gaming developer.
- Assisting a local independent gaming studio with a chain of title review, consolidation of IP assets and preparation of a Solicitor’s Opinion Letter to qualify various games for screen production grants.
- Preparing various contracts for a start-up game developer to engage music composers, environmental artists, font designers and voiceover artists.