Not only do we live, breath and love the entertainment industry – many of our lawyers have also worked within in it.
Our insider knowledge and industry experience allows us to understand and identify unique challenges and commercial opportunities for our clients and help them stay protected and reach their goals.
We can help you with things like:
- Setting up your new entertainment business;
- Agreements for talent, performers, artists, bands, management, booking agencies, producers, record labels, publishers and more;
- Copyright matters, including rights, use, protection, infringement and commercialisation;
- Copyright licences and assignments;
- Moral rights and performer rights;
- Clearing samples;
- Distribution deals for both physical and digital products;
- Trade mark registration of performer, record label or other business names;
- Industry standards;
- Collection of royalties and residuals;
- Cease and desist letters;
- APRA/AMCOS/ARIA music licences;
- Band disputes;
- Breach of contract advice;
- Festival legals;
- Pre-publishing clearances for advertisements, scripts, books, social media content and other publications;
- Retailing and distribution of digital media, including music, software and film;
- Handling legal affairs for festivals and events;
- Merchandise, endorsements, sponsorship and publicity matters;
- Employment matters;
- Disputes and litigation including copyright infringement, partnership and contractual disputes; and
- Much, much more.
For more information about the industries we work with, take a look at our client industries here.